BSA A65 1966
A 646cc vertical twin cylinder unit construction engine. Preferred by some to the sportier Lightning due to ease of tuning offered by a single carburettor. This particular machine has had two owners from new and her first trip following professional restoration was a 1000 mile ride from the UK to Provence…sans problem! The first BSA motorbike was built in 1909, a 3 horsepower belt drive machine which sold for 50 pounds. During WWII the BSA group bought other motorcycle manufacturers including New Hudson, Sunbeam and Ariel. In 1951 they bought Triumph motorcycles and enjoyed a market leadership role during the boom years of motorcycling in the 1950’s. At this point in time one in every four motorcycles sold worldwide was a BSA! How quickly things change though, from the best year of trading in 1961 to the arrival of the Japanese, particularly the Honda CB750 in 1969. BSA became part of Norton Villiers Triumph plc in 1973, which was a partial joint venture with the government, and the last BSA motorcycle was produced that summer. Classic Bike Provence is proud to have this elegant model in our garage, primed and ready for serious touring mileage in the sun! Consistently one of the most popular requests with Classic Bike Provence and a surefire favourite for 2004. Turn the clock back 40 years for a few days!